Wednesday, March 27, 2013

He > I

 My SOS journey thus far has been difficult, but SO good. Originally, I had everything set up to go a very rural area in Kenya, and I was so pumped. I believed that Kenya was God's plan for me and I was very invested. Well, there has been a lot of unrest in Kenya lately and for several reasons my trip was no longer possible. I was so bummed. And here I was, 4 months away from June with no where to go. For those of you who know me, know that I like to be organized, have my plans, and worry when I don't. Well God knows this better than anyone else and knew I would not fully trust Him until I was on my knees with no where else to go. So that's where He brought me, and that's when I fully trusted in Him to come through and He did. This is an excerpt from my journal after I found out, "I know you have a plan, God. But I don't get it right now." I think we forget that it's okay to not get it. No one ever figures it all out, but trusting is enough.  Right after spring break I heard about Rahab's Rope, in a country I've already fallen in love with and with people I have a passion for. God is so good. And He always comes through! I'm currently reading "Greater" by Steve Furtick and it reminded me that God knew I wasn't going to Kenya this summer before I was even born. He knew my plans, and He knew I would be disappointed...but He had something so much greater in store. He is so much greater than I.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths."

Isaiah 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

ALSO--check out this wonderful video. END IT: Shine a Light on Slavery

No comments:

Post a Comment