Tuesday, May 7, 2013

blessed

  • my summer is becoming more real every single day.
  • 34 days. 
  • 34 days until I get on a plane and say some really hard see-you later's. (only 2 days until I say some really tough NW see-you later's)
  • 34 days until I travel 9,402 miles to the other side of the globe.
  • 34 days until I'm torn between sheer excitement and sheer panic. 
  • 34 days until immense joy.
  • 34 days until culture shock.
  • 34 days.


In the midst of the craziness of finals week, I have been overwhelmed with blessings...some small and some big. I've been blessed by the people at Northwestern. The people on this campus are family, and this place is  where I feel at home. I've been blessed by prayers and baked goodies from teachers and librarians. I've been blessed through good conversations in-between study breaks. I've been blessed by my SOS team. I've been blessed by all of you supporting me on this journey! Seeing the support come in and having people come up to me to tell me they're praying for me is seriously a bigger blessing than any of you could know! I'm being blessed in ways I probably do not even realize. 

{these girls. these girls are my sisters in Christ. They are the definition of Godly encouragement and joy. They make Fern 3rd East a beautiful place to call home}

{for our final SOS meeting as a team, we held a prayer service. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations. Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." - from Matthew 5 & 28}

Lord Jesus, help me to be flexible and willing to do your work. Call me out of my comfort zone so you may be glorified. Prepare my heart for what I will encounter in India. Fill me up with your love so that I may pour that overwhelming love into those I encounter. Each and every day, remind me to become less so you may become greater. 


No comments:

Post a Comment