Monday, June 10, 2013

today is the day!

     Well folks, today is the day. June 10, 2013 is finally here! I've had so many emotions running through my head this past weekend. At the moment though, I feel extremely excited. After months of preparation with my team, with family, with Darci, and with myself I feel ready. My bags are packed, my goodbyes are said, and my heart is itching to be in India once again. I'm ready to see what God has planned this summer and I'm ready to leap outside of my comfort zone. I'm ready to live in another culture and have my eyes opened over and over again to God's workmanship! Last night I slept like a rock, which is quite surprising, usually I am a basket case before traveling, but lately I've been overwhelmed with a peace that can only be given through our Lord. While I am excited, and overwhelmed with peace, I do have a few worries but God has continually reminded me through my devotional "Jesus Calling" that I do not need to worry. Here are a few of my wake up calls the past few days:
   " My children tend to accept worry as an inescapable fact of life. However, worry is a form of unbelief; it is anathema to Me. Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But if it is I, then worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive."
   and here is todays... " Rest in Me, My child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of THIS day. Remember that you are on a journey with Me. When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. . . Never lose sight of My Presence with you. This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day"
Yupp, God knew what I needed. I am so thankful God is in charge of my life. He has me in the palm of his hand on this journey!
     There have also been a few tears shed this morning with some tough see you later's. I had to say goodbye to my daddio this morning and will have to say goodbye to my mama mia at the airport. These aren't tears of sadness necessarily just "I'm really really going to miss you" tears. For those of you who don't know, my parents are the rocks in my life. They're my best friends and a lot of nights I'll willingly spend watching movies with them instead of going out. I've never been away from them for more than two weeks so this summer will be tough in that aspect, but I think that's good. My prayer this summer is that my parents stay safe and healthy here and I grow closer to my heavenly Father during my time apart from my earthly parents. 
  So as I head out to the airport today prayers would be greatly appreciated for:
 - safe travels
- ease through customs
- smooth transition into a new culture
- unity as a team
- that this overwhelming peace would continue throughout the next two days of travel

I have been beyond blessed throughout this journey, especially these past two days with texts, phone calls, notes, and conversations with people expressing their love, concern, and commitment to praying for me this summer and I want to say thank you to each and every one of you. You make this journey effective and I love you! See you in seven weeks, Sioux Center!

- Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. What great reminders for anyone starting out their day! You are in my thoughts and prayers sweet girl. You were made for great things! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete