Friday, July 12, 2013

10,000 Reasons

This week has been wonderful in so many ways. We have our team of 6 here which has been such a blessing! With 6 extra people in the house though it has also been a very tiring week. I've experienced a lot of different emotions this week and I'm not sure I have even completely processed everything that has happened yet. That being said, I really don't have words for this week quite yet. Instead, I'm going to simply tell you three short stories that might display a glimpse of the beauty I have experienced this week.

Last Saturday we went to the HIV orphanage to love on the kids. Their ages range from 5 to 18 years old. I did Bible study with the four oldest girls talking about the character of God and then told the little kids a story. Next, we were going to do a craft with the older boys, but since we're in India and nothing ever goes as planned :) that didn't end up happening. Instead, all of the boys sat in a circle and suddenly started singing 10,000 Reasons. And these boys can really sing--they are awesome and love Jesus with all their heart. Seeing their joy and passion blew me away. The oldest boy got his guitar and we all sat together singing praise songs. This was one of the most worshipful times I've had during my time here, sitting together with 12 HIV+ boys singing about the 10,000 reasons we have to bless our wonderful Savior. This song has come up repeatedly and been the song of our week- God is clearly saying something!

Tuesday morning 6 of us stayed home in the morning and prayed together. We headed up to the roof and prayed over the house, the future aftercare center it may be, and many many other requests. During this time it was really like we had entered the throne and the Spirit was speaking through us. Then we paired up and headed to each room to pray over it and the women who may live there in the future and the Spirit was definitely present then too. It's so comforting to know that yes, we are fighting for these women who have been trafficked, but their heavenly Father is fighting so much harder for them and loves them so much more!

And then Friday we headed to the aftercare center again. The Lord has really just placed two women on my heart, one of whom I told you about yesterday. The other is very quiet, doesn't really open up to anyone, and looks fairly hopeless to many people but this is not what I see at all. Yesterday I walked in and she gave me a big hug, grabbed my hand and rarely left my side. We laughed together and I saw hope and joy fill her rather hopeless world. Then she asked me to pray for her which was such a blessing. It has just been such a blessing to be able to love on her and have a special relationship form with her. My prayer is that a seed is planted and one day soon her eyes are opened to the love of her wonderful Savior. So keep this dear friend of mine in your prayers. Pray she would know love, joy, peace, and hope that comes from Jesus Christ alone.

My biggest prayer request for this week is for protection, physically and spiritually. I really feel that I have been set free from much of my anxiety, but this past week I often struggled with thoughts of inadequacy or doubt. So pray that these thoughts would flee and that the Spirit of the Lord would fill this home.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your words, Kelsey. Know that I am praying for you. And I completely understand the inability to process or express everything (especially right away). Stories are a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord Jesus, thank-you for allowing Kelsey another week to be filled with Your love and to have it to not just pour out but gush out and splash upon all who are near her. LORD, I pray that You would bind satan and his evil attacks, that Kelsey would know with every fiber if her being that it is You and You alone who guide and comfort her. Lord, help Kelsey and the whole team to continue to feel Your Holy Spirit present, moving and working. May Your supernatural strength, compassion and courage fill them. Also dear, Holy, Mighty, Abba, Maker of the heavens and earth, may they depend on Your power working in them, for it is You and You alone who provide what is needed. LORD, we are inadequate, it is You who make us more than adequate. Lord You are our Fortress, our Shield, our Strong Tower and You give us exactly what we need at the exact moment it is needed, not one second early or late. Grow their trust in You and Your perfect timing. LORD, we praise You and what You are doing. In Your Holy Glorious Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this prayer Michele. This is one of those things the Lord sent at just the right time!

      Delete