Friday, July 3, 2015

Little Praises

There are currently eight team members here, so we're split into two different ministry teams most days. The Lord has obviously orchestrated our teams and ours has tried to begin the day sandwiching our prayers. We begin with a praise, then state a request or something that isn't going so well, and finally we end with another praise. This is an amazing way to start the day because we've found ourselves going, "Another praise!" or "Add it to the praise list!" all throughout the day. The other day we talked to the girls at the aftercare center about finding joy in the smallest praises, so we've been adding those to our list too!

Here are a few of my praises, big and small:

- Having mom on this trip with me. I have seen the sacrificial and selfless love that reflects Christ through her each day. She's the one who will sacrifice sleep and calm me in anxious, late night moments.

- Being back in a place  I love so dearly and seeing all the Lord has done. So much has changed and improved at the HIV hospital! He is faithful.

- Walking into the aftercare center and seeing familiar faces. Two ladies actually remembered and just sat holding my hand or with their head on my shoulder and my heart almost burst.

- Being surrounded by some of the most joyful kids in the world, who have so little. Those little smiles are good at putting things into perspective for me.

- The power not yet going out while we sleep (otherwise it can get reallllllly hot).

- An actual shower with WARM water.

- Continued safety and health.

- Playing 'Snakes and Ladders' with a 9 year old boy at the HIV hospital and hearing his laughter after he beat me two times in a row.

- Praying over sweet little 'grandmas and grandpas' living behind the hospital.

- Good coffee. :)

- A peace that surpasses all understanding. This peace has washed over me even in my anxious moments and anyone who knows me knows that is a huge answer to prayer!

- Continually hearing testimonies of the Lord's goodness from impverished children, former Hindu's who have completely turned from their former way of life, and women who have endured more trials than I can even fathom. Our God is a God of the nation's who is able to cross any and every cultural and language barrier.






No comments:

Post a Comment