Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day 14- Brett

On day 14, you get to meet Brett and you get the opportunity to see more men join in the fight against trafficking and exploitation.

"As I have entered this Advent season I've been reflecting on how the Israelite's were waiting for a King. A King who would be bring justice and rescue them from their oppressors. This gives me cause to wonder about the 30 million people being trafficked, and if they have any shred of hope of being rescued. My heart breaks for the pain that exists in the world, and for those who have been forced into horrid circumstances beyond their control. I have hope in Christ's return where shalom will be achieved, perfect peace and perfect justice. Until then, I will work on bringing the Kingdom here on earth as it is in heaven, through love, justice, and hope. Dressember was an incredible opportunity to get involved in the fight to end slavery. In my experience, it has mainly been women fighting to end trafficking, which is incredible. But, now it is time for men to follow their lead to unite and fight to end, what I believe to be, the largest injustice of our generation. This is why I'm wearing a tie to raise awareness, funds, and education for the 30 million whose crying out have not been heard."

No comments:

Post a Comment