Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 8- Monique.


Day 8 and Monique says she's only wearing a dress a couple times each week, but thus far she's been a rockstar! 

"My name is Monique Lehman and I am participating in Dressember.  I plan on wearing dresses at least a couple times a week.  I want to participate in this unique movement to advocate for all the women who have ever been exploited for their femininity.  I want to help raise awareness for the 30 million slaves who are so easily forgotten about in our comfortable lives.  To me, the dress symbolizes an attitude of cherishing the precious freedom I have as a woman and a reminder that not every woman is so lucky.  Dressember serves as an opportunity to bring the injustice of worldwide trafficking and exploitation to the forefront of our minds so that we can first, live in gratitude that we can freely celebrate our femininity, secondly, bring deeper awareness to our communities, and finally, to fund-raise in efforts of rescuing victims of slavery.  After all, we are all deeply loved children of God. "



Fact: Out of the estimated 20-30 million enslaved today, only 1-2% are ever rescued. - A21 Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment