Monday, December 15, 2014

Day 15- Ashley

"Hi guys, my name is Ashley Doran but everyone calls me Dora. I am currently a sophomore, Christian Ed/Youth Ministry major. I have decided to participate in Dressember because to be honest, why not wear a dress everyday? But in all seriousness, there is so much injustice in the world we live in and a lot of it we don't even see. Isaiah 1:1-17 is a bit of scripture I looked at when thinking about this. I know it is a completely different context but I think it says a little bit about our call to seek justice for the oppressed especially in verses 16 and 17. I'm not going to lie, I have kind of struggled wearing a dress everyday and it's only half way through the month. But, I know that my struggle is nothing compared to what the victims of human trafficking are going through. And as a matter of fact, my struggle is just because I want to be lazy and comfortable, something these people don't have an option to do. If I look at it in this way, I realize how important it is for us to raise awareness for these injustices and speak for those who can't."






"Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean;
    remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes;
cease to do evil,
17     learn to do good;
seek justice,
    correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless,
    plead the widow's cause." - Isaiah 1:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment